Seasons greatings to all

I would like to wish you all a merry x-mas and very happy new year. To the ones out there that don't celebrate these I wish you all kinds of happy festivities and also good luck in my new year.

Reply to
Bert-Jan

reciprocation mode on.

Reply to
someone

And a very Merry Christmas to one and all.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Reply to
eyeball

Same here, from snowy North Dakota. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all from beautiful Colorado Springs (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Sorry Pat, here in Albany, CA right across from San Francisco, my son is playing in the back yard in shorts and a muscle shirt... How cold in ND?

Craig

Reply to
crw59

+5 F, with a windchill of -16 F. Not a lot of snow on the ground at the moment for this time of year, we only have 3 or 4 inches; normally we'd have around a foot of it on the ground around Christmas.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

It's indicating 50 in the high Mojave right now...Merry Christmas!

Reply to
Rufus

here in the mojave desert it was only about 50 today. relatively cold for this area. but NO SNOW!!!!!!! that in itself makes me very happy. the motorcycles are not buried or threatened by humidity with it's attendant rust. keep snow on postcards... but happy ho ho's to all and one.

Reply to
someone

0pm, Count DeM>

Over here in Marin County it's about 45 degrees at 2300 with no wind and a little rain on the horizon.

Hope that everybody got/gets what they want and that theyb were able to give what their loved ones wanted the most.

I got a new laptop for Channukah with a printer hidden in the closet for Christmas. I think Justin's present was the coolest. A Darth Vader

12 lb. bowling ball!! He loves it and I keep hearing it coming down the hall at all hours of the day and night. Bowled a 113 with it the first time, He can't have finger holes drilled or he would end up attached to the ball on the way down the alley.

Very best wishes for the holidays and beyond to all here.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Now wait a minute here; you're double dipping for presents at the holidays? I _knew_ they right about the preternatural cunning of the Jews! :-D My dad had a Jewish friend back in WWII when he was with the 460th bomber group in Italy, and they tried the same trick. The concept was they were both the offspring of mixed Roman Catholic and Jewish marriages, and therefore should both get leave for all Jewish and Christian holidays. This actually worked out for the Jewish guy on a couple of occasions, but the concept of a Irish-American Jew just didn't pan out with the high command. I assume someone saw dad eating Spam, and the jig was up. :-) My birthday is December 26th, and so I used to get mixed Christmas/birthday presents. My parents solved this problem by celebrating my birthday on St. Patrick's Day, and demanding separate presents for me then. It wasn't till decades later that a friend pointed out that St. Patrick's Day is almost exactly nine months away from Christmas, and that this, and whiskey, may well account for the ten year gap between myself and my older brother's birth dates. Just think...if they had stores that were open 24 hours a day back in the mid 1950's, I might never have been. ;-)

"Don't underestimate the power of The Force. My master has foreseen this...soon you shall be in league with us. I see you have made your own bowling shoes...most impressive...now pick up your mixed nuts and beer...so that your journey to the Dark Side may begin!" ;-)

Pat

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Now wait a minute here; you're double dipping for presents at the holidays? I _knew_ they were right about the preternatural cunning of the Jews! :-D My dad had a Jewish friend back in WWII when he was with the 460th bomber group in Italy, and they tried the same trick. The concept was they were both the offspring of mixed Roman Catholic and Jewish marriages, and therefore should both get leave for all Jewish and Christian holidays. This actually worked out for the Jewish guy on a couple of occasions, but the concept of a Irish-American Jew just didn't pan out with the high command. I assume someone saw dad eating Spam, and the jig was up. :-) My birthday is December 26th, and so I used to get mixed Christmas/birthday presents. My parents solved this problem by celebrating my birthday on St. Patrick's Day, and demanding separate presents for me then. It wasn't till decades later that a friend pointed out that St. Patrick's Day is almost exactly nine months away from Christmas, and that this, and whiskey, may well account for the ten year gap between myself and my older brother's birth dates. Just think...if they had stores that were open 24 hours a day back in the mid 1950's, I might never have been. ;-)

"Don't underestimate the power of The Force. My master has foreseen this...soon you shall be in league with us. I see you have made your own bowling shoes...most impressive...now pick up your mixed nuts and beer...so that your journey to the Dark Side may begin!" ;-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

We've been awash in a steady drizzlyto heavy grey rain for most of the weekend. Highs in the mid 40s. In other words, Yankee weather. ;-)

But alas this is Dixie where the motto is "Don't like the weather - just wait" That miserable weather blewout just an hour ago and we have blue skies and low 60s.

Of course, I ventured out in the rain early this morning to finish my shopping, only to have the blue skies appear on the ride home. Screw it - I finished my shopping. I'll take it.

A trip to the ABC store (yeah, we still have those quaint things) tomorrow for some of Kentucky's finest bourbon and it's an official wrap.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

They should have allowed him the double dip just for eating that shit.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

can't remember who did that jack song. jack daniels, old number 7,tenessee sour mash whsikeeeeeeey. hm. john linoln wright, maybe? i know, not kentuckt.

Reply to
someone

Replies to several of the above:

When my youngest (Noel) found out about Channukah he asked "Eight days of presents, then Christmas? Marry her!" Worked out pretty good so far. With just Justin still (permanently) at home we pretty much do something for him each night and one or two things for us during the eight days of Channukah and save anything else for Christmas.

Spam can actually be tasty. When I was at a Red Cross training weekend several years back there was a contest for the best Spam recipe. We had a big BBQ on the last day where our local chairman won with a delicious Spamkabob with cubes of Spam, pineapple, pearl oniions, green and red peppers soaked in a teriyaki sauce overnight and bbq'ed. Being a Moslem he set aside a few for himself and any Jewish members minus the Spam.

My ex-wife's birthday is also 12/26. I always set something special aside for her, but her family always shortchanged her. Lynne was born on her mother's birthday, not really a popular thing to do. :-)

Stocking-stuffer shopping today. Just got the tree up and time to haul the ornaments down from the attic and bring up the Channukah (and Halloween!) stuff. Now it's feeling like Christmas.

Low 60s here today with no wind and blue skies. Rain moved off, probably back after Christmas. Wee need it!

Happy everything everybody,

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Thank you, and a good Yule to one and all. Got to keep that sun coming up in the morning :-)

Reply to
Alan Dicey

He developed a real taste for it, and ate it for decades later. I've heard that was the case with a lot of WW II vets. I don't think anyone ever voluntarily ate powdered eggs after the war though. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

It's not that bad, really. Does anyone know if that canned corned beef also dates to the WW II period? IIRC, religious dietary restrictions posed a challenge when they were developing the MREs. I wonder if C rations were also divided into kosher and non-kosher selections?

The ones who have it really rough are the born on February 29th in a leap year. That must cause all sorts of havoc in regards to personal records.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery