shop victoriously?

What's going on with ebay ..on the left upper corner is the slogan "Shop Victoriously". Anyone know what that's supposed to mean?

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Bid high...

Reply to
Rufus

If you can figure your way through their latest technological gyrations and buy something, you're victorious! What I don't like is their use of one slogan about backing 'disruptive technology'. I just want to sell stuff, not jump through hoops for them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Thanks for that - I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I hadn't had any dealings with ebay for a couple of years, and when I went back recently, my first reaction was "WTF?!". What used to be a fairly straightforward on-line auction site now seems to have morphed into a sort of virtual shopping mall. Great for people who have hours to spend at their keyboards, but not for anyone with a real job and any semblance of a "life". And maybe instead of backing "disruptive technology", they could try backing some "security technology", so I don't get so many bogus e-mail messages from spammers posing as "ebay sales team" and the like. Ebay is probably another example of a good and useful idea gone bad as result of the greed of its originators.

John

Reply to
jthmpson

Uh... got it in one, basically. So it's gotten as bad for buyers now as it has for small-time sellers like most of us? Now it's official: they've completely embraced the super duper mega power sellers and simply forgotten about us little guys who made them the 800-lb gorilla they are today.

M. J. Rudy

M. J. Rudy

snipped-for-privacy@arvotek.net wrote: : : And maybe instead of backing "disruptive : technology", they could try backing some "security technology", so I : don't get so many bogus e-mail messages from spammers posing as "ebay : sales team" and the like. : I am not sure how you expect ebay to stop spammers. They can pose as anybody they want, and claim to be from anywhere they want to claim to be from.

This "spoofing" is fairly trivial to do, so long as you understand how a mail transfer and mail user agent works. As it is, I have to do that myself, if I want email to get back to me.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

No doubt that ebay has 'improved' itself to the point it's a pain in the ass to use. I sent a number of irate emails as well as confrontational online chats about the 'improved' interface. The truth is, they only improve it to keep their programmers employed. All about job security, I think.

--- Stephen (who still has no clue what 'shop victoriously' could mean.....

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

It ties in with their latest TV commercials. The new theme is "Things are better when you win them". The most recent one I saw was a man playing a carnival game. When he wins, among the standard fair items (stuffed animals) is a red Mustang convertible. Which he choses.

Reply to
RobG

Oh... I don't get to see many commercials. Well, now that football season is here, I'm seeing some pretty decent Budweiser commercials (the ONLY decent thing about Bud is their line of commercials).

Thanks for clarification. What a silly ad campaign, huh?

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Like Google, where you can bet that the first ten hits are ads for something. It's Dogpile for me now.

Reply to
tomcervo

tomcervo

Bruce Burden wrote::

Whenever I get one of those, I forward it to ebay; the address to send it to is: eBay Customer Support Forward it intact with its header, so they can backtrack the path it took on the internet.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery said the following on 26/09/2007 06:33:

I'd like to see them put a little of that easily-won cash of theirs (which IIRC, from a BBC documentary is a higher turnover than most Middle Eastern countries) into tracking one of these spoofers and have them publicly prosecuted.

Money for old rope! ;-)

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Ah, that would explain why I had no idea. I tape most of what I wish to watch and whizz through the commercials when I get around to watching.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller