Small Space Building

Hi there, I've been building models for a while (and was pretty serious for a while). But now I'm in college and living in a pretty small dorm room (I've got some desk space and drawer space). I don't so much mind losing the amazing quality of airbrushes, but I enjoy building models.

Do you guys have any suggestions (most basic tools, small models, etc.) for a guy in really small quarters that still wants to build? What kind of models are best (I'd prefer military airplanes, but I guess figurines and small vehicles might suit my thirst :) ). Maybe some sort of "small space survival kit?"

Any tips are really appreciated. Thanks, Matt Kurjanowicz

Reply to
Matt Kurjanowicz

I'd be happy with my basic hobby knife,a tube of glue,liguid glue,putty,sandpaper and tweezers,a couple sizes of brushes and the basic paint colors.It should all fit in a shoe box or old tackle box.Clear a space on your computer desk or get a lapdesk,do the planes in 1/144 or smaller scales,and whack away! When done,pack them carefully and send home until you graduate.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Matt, You might consider subjects that use a minimum of different colors and stick to a single subject type. US WW II tanks for example. Probably only need 4 or 5 colors, OD Black Silver, Red, rust mud. Might also consider what travels well home - an ME-110 radar equiped night fighter may not be a good choice. Wheras a nice square easily repaired tank might work well.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut