Spray cans (UK)

I am starting an Airfix Vulcan kit and want to finish it in the anti-flash white scheme. What would be the best type of spray can and technique to get a good solid white, non-yellowing finish, but which wouldn't obscure too much moulded detail?

Regards

Pat Macguire

Reply to
P & H Macguire

Hi Pat,

I'd recommend Halfords spray canisters & their primers (white/grey) are also highly recommended.

However, Tamiya do smaller spray cans also if you prefer, plus I rember Humbrol doing even smaller cans.

Cheers, Stephen.

Reply to
SL

I'll second the Halfords white primer route, then finish it with Halfords Gloss Appliance White, they come in a couple of sizes and with the large surface area of the Vulcan you may need to invest in a couple.

Heres a link to a Victor finished in the Halfords paints :

Hope this helps.

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips

Yep, I'd agree 100% with the Halfords Appliance White - it's a stunning finish!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes