Stainless steel rigging wire

OK... So I've seen a number of references to using stainless steel "medical" wire for rigging biplanes. Where do I get the stuff from? I assume I'm looking for somewhat springy straight lengths, rather than bendy coils. What diameter should I be looking for (1/384" seems a bit small!). Does 0.004" stainless exist?

Can anybody point me to an online supplier in the UK, (or at least someone who does mail order)?

Best regards, Matt

Reply to
Matt Bacon

For 1/48 and up scales try electric guitar strings - they're easier to get, you can get them in singles in various gauges, and they tend to be "naturally" straight.

Ask for the thinnest of the high E strings for starters...you may also find some uses for some of the wound ones, thought they will be a bit larger gauged.

Reply to
Rufus