Stainless steel rigging wire

OK... So I've seen a number of references to using stainless steel "medical" wire for rigging biplanes. Where do I get the stuff from? I assume I'm
looking for somewhat springy straight lengths, rather than bendy coils. What diameter should I be looking for (1/384" seems a bit small!). Does 0.004" stainless exist?
Can anybody point me to an online supplier in the UK, (or at least someone who does mail order)?
Best regards, Matt
You can get stainless wire down to .002"......try www.smallparts.com for starters. Failing that do a google search on capillary tubing and look for the wire used to clean it out.
Matt Bacon wrote:

Matt Bacon wrote:

For 1/48 and up scales try electric guitar strings - they're easier to get, you can get them in singles in various gauges, and they tend to be "naturally" straight.
Ask for the thinnest of the high E strings for starters...you may also find some uses for some of the wound ones, thought they will be a bit larger gauged.
--
- Rufus