Superfine Drill Bits in Australia?

Does anyone know of a good source of really fine (i.e. thin) drill bits in Australia? I want to use them for pilot holes for rigging in 1/72 WWI aircraft. TIA TSR2

Reply to
TSR2

What state are you in?

Any good engineering supply shop should be able to help. Failing that, try one of the larger hobby shops -

will give you a headstart.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Try Dick Smith electronics, failing that give

a try.

regards Michael.

Reply to
RallyV

Reply to
TSR2

Guys, thanks, have found what I am looking for. TSR2

Reply to
TSR2

might be a good place to start, and will only take 1 to

2 days to deliver.

Gidday mate,

Toys 'R' Us (used to be Toyworld) on Charters Towers Road used to carry a reasonable selection of tools when I lived in Townsville several years ago. Unfortunately, their range of model kits, accessories and tools seems to have dropped off in recent years (I usually stop in there on any visits to Townsville). I once bought a set of fine drill bits there for an impressively low price.

You could try John's Hobbies at Kirwan. Judging by my visits, they don't normally carry a wide range of tools but the staff there are very helpful and would be able to order them for you, I'm sure.

I've also seen ads for a new hobby store at Kirwan (Paradise Models???). Just wondering what this one's like? It's about 12 months since my last visit to Townsville, so I wouldn't mind a drive up there to catch up with friends over Xmas/New Year if I have the time (I'm Brisbane based now).

Cheers, James.

PS: Try Micromark in the USA - they have a huge range of tools and deliver by mail very promptly. Do a Google search for their website.

Reply to
James Venables

James, thanks for the pointers. ToysRUs are a bit of a disappointment that way now, it has dropped off remarkably in the last few years. Johns hobbies are good, but didn't have what I needed in; they will order if I ask, but I found what I was after on the Dick Smith web site so should be right. Haven't been to paradise hobbies yet, one day soon I guess. Ill post some info once Vie had a scout. Cheers

Reply to
TSR2