Syrian PzKpfw IV and Iraqi ZPU-4 pics posted

Hello everyone, I've just updated my website with about 50 pics of a Syrian PzKpfw IV Ausf. H and an Iraqi ZPU-4. Here's the link to these pictures and more:

Enjoy! Chris "toadman" Hughes

toadman1

Nice photos!

For the "non-PzKpfw IV expert": Just *what* makes this Syrian vehicle, distinctive from the originals? What would make it an interesting modeling project (seeing as the paint scheme is pretty mundane...)?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Yes...that much is known, and pretty obvious. But, I was just curious as to what, if any, modifications the Syrians made, over time.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

It is a J model that much I can tell, but don't see any other mod's (J had no vision slit for driver on his left side, no rear mounted engine motor for turret traverse among other things)

Because it is Syrian ???

Allan

Reply to
AM

A Russian 12.7mm heavy machine gun was added to the cupola. That was all, at least according to

Bye. Juergen

Reply to
Juergen Hader