Tamiya Lotus Seven: engine colour

I am building the nice little Tamiya model of the Lotus Seven sports
car, and I'm trying to find out the engine colour. This is the Series 2
Super Seven with a 1340cc Ford 109E Cosworth Mk. V, based on the Classic
109E engine. Tamiya has it as XF-26 Deep Green, which translates to
Humbrol 88, a paint I do have in stock. My kit-car expert friends tell
me it should be Ford Engine Green: a colour which I can visualise from
earlier oily-hands days, but can't match with any precision.
Does anybody have an idea how close Humbrol 88 is to Ford Engine Green,
and whether there is a better match in Humbrol or another paint I can
get hold of in the UK?
Reply to
Alan Dicey

Site Timeline