Tamiya paints

Anyone know of a cross index for Tamiya spray/bottled paints, in particular the bottled acrylic equivalents of AS-13 USAF green, AS-14 USAF olive green, AS-15 USAF tan, and AS-16 USAF light grey? I am working on a Vietnam era Phantom II and prefer to use an air brush rather than spray cans. Thanks,

Reply to
Tom Spence

AFAIK Tamiya's bottled acrylics don't have exact equivalents of their sprays. There may be equivalents in Tamiya's enamel range but I don't think that's available outside of Japan.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Al Superczynski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Looks to me like a newish range not as many colors as the acryls. Maybe they'll flesh it out. The AS colors came to the US maybe these will to.

Not really on topic so,

Try the Model Master Acryl range. They have a lot of color in both the acryl and enamel lines. Or Gunze if you can find it near you. MM probably easier to finf, though.

Frank (Yeah, the Grumpy One)

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Watch for the paint flatness difference between Model Master and Tamiya. Tamiya is much more flat than MM, Pactra, Humbrol (at least Flat Black and Panzer Schwarzgrau)

Maciek

Reply to
Maciek

That's true. I love my pains flat :) Imagine my horror when I once ordered 'gloss black' instead of flat black. (X-1 instead of XF-1) Brrr ... Thanks god i tested this paint first before painting my model.

Mr Flat Man

Reply to
Maciek