vac former

would you believe that one i noticed is over $100? people are nuts.

You sound surprised.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

come on, you know better. when do i ever underestimate human stupidity? i actually thought the ending price would be much higher. i may get a 10 buck ebay one if no one here wants to sell theirs. rather get one i know will work, even if it's 20 bucks. mechanical shit on ebay is a crap shoot.

I'm just jealous it isn't mine! PT Barnum was right.

Rusty White

e wrote:

Reply to
Rusty White

Who was it that said "You can't go very far wrong by under estimating human intelligence!"

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

credited to roberst anson heinlein. but i believe his words were never underestimate the power of human stupidity. i suspect it originated about 10 minutes after adam and eve got the boot. (no, i do not believe those stories, this was just to give the idea of how old the awareness is. thank you and have a nice whatever. ymmv.)

NBC programmers.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Just NBC??? :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

No but this past year they've lived up to their initials - Nothing But Crap. I'm ticked with CBS for dumping "Out of Practice". I don't think they gave it a decent chance. And I don't get "How I Met Your Mother". I guess I'm too old for that to be relevant. I can't say anything about ABC since I don't watch it. FOX is something I've been avoiding for years. UPN? Are they still on? ;) I have watched some WB shows and am feeling queasy about this shotgun marriage with UPN. Reality shows all bite. Thank heaven for VHS.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

pbs is still alive. nova keeps going and now they are rerunning the civil war.

If you really want to do your own vacuform check out the link below (:>

warmplastics.com

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Hi, Bill.

I think that was H.L. Mencken: "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

Chuck (just dropping in to see if there is any discussion of IPMS-USA Nationals running this week in Kansas City, and saw a subject line mentioning "vac" - )

--

Reply to
Chuck

thanks

Chuck:

Vac-u-forms are a sort of O.C.D. I find that if I build a vac-u-form of an aircraft, someone is sure to release an injected kit of the subject. I had Falcon's Hawker Seahawk to the decaling stage and WHAM! Here comes Classic Airframes with not one but two injected kits. Same thing happened with an Aero-club Gloster Meteor Mk.8. Never fails! I find that cutting and sanding the parts out of the sheets is a very messy procedure so I save my vac-u-forms for this hot summer weather and do that part of the work out in the back yard on a picnic table. Current project is a 1/24 scale Pfalz D.3 from Marco's Miniatures. I have a thing about World War I aircraft and Marco's big kits hit me right where I am weakest. Beautiful engineering and decals and resin. I'll bet no one is going to release a 1/24 scale injected Pfalz when I get this one done though! :-)

Stay Cool! Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Reply to