What a great typo :-)

I sure would like to see this kit if the scale was as the headline indicates:
http://www.revell.com/germany/aircraft/80-4232.html
A 727 in 1/20 would be a HUGE kit ;-)
--
Uffe Brentsen

Sorry, that was a 737, not a 727, my bad.
--
Uffe Brentsen

Uffe Brentsen wrote:

Even better, according to Hr. Revell, it 'reaces a max. soeed of 934 km/h.', as well as the kit having 'Authentic Boeing 737-200 engines' - I coulda sworn they were made by P&W. :)
RobG (the Aussie one)

Only takes up an area around 7' x 6'. On the other hand it does take the guess work out of whether you go with the metal landing gear over the plastic. ;-)
WmB
: : Only takes up an area around 7' x 6'. :     That's starting to get moderately interesting. : : On the other hand it does take the : guess work out of whether you go with the metal landing gear over the : plastic. ;-) :     Nah. We had this discussion when our second favorite flake was insisting that he saw a 1/72 scale C-5A for sale in injected plastic.
    Since all dimensions are reduced, the weight would drop by the cubic root, IIRC the discussion properly, so plastic land- ing gear would be fine.
                            Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.

The cubic root scaling factor for weight is correct - but those scale sized gear would still be holding up a lot of heavy arse plastic kit.
WmB

Not injected but vac. Here it is: http://www.blackbirdmodels.co.uk/c-5a-galaxy-72-102-p.asp Says out of stock, but will be made to order afaik.
--
Uffe Brentsen

: : Not injected but vac. : Here it is: : http://www.blackbirdmodels.co.uk/c-5a-galaxy-72-102-p.asp : Says out of stock, but will be made to order afaik. :     I suspect this is the old ID Models kit, which was a vac.
    The group's second favorite flake insisted it was an injected kit.
                            Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.

Blackbird or ID, they refer to each other, so muts be the same kit.

Maybe there is some hope that he will be right at som point in the future. These guys seems to have some big birds on their program:
http://www.anigrand.com/catalog-1.htm
And in their future release there is a KC-10 extender on its way :-)
--
Uffe Brentsen

in that scale, I bet Revell will charge us for carry on luggage !
Craig

in that scale, I bet Revell will charge us for carry on luggage !
Craig
*LOL*
(think youre right....)
--
Uffe Brentsen

That beats mine; I had an old newspaper article about a guy who haunts juckyards getting sheet metal which he hammers into 1:1 replicas of medieval armor. That guy with the Peacemeker - he wouldn't be in Arizona, would he? That's about the only place where you could store something that big.....