Would You Buy 2 Of The Same Model?

Hobby Lobby Hasegawa P-40's on the clearance table, $11. I only regret not buying the third one.

Reply to
tomcervo

if you like nutscrape, look at firefox. dead easy to use. no learning curve.

Reply to
someone

on 8/17/2007 11:23 AM snipped-for-privacy@some.domain said the following:

What's wrong with Netscape? It is based on Firefox, which I also have, but prefer the Netscape UI. Like FF, the Netscape browser can switch to the IE engine as needed. I am currently on Netscape 8.13, and have been through all Netscape versions since v. 3.0 (which was before MS introduced IE, and I had to buy).

Reply to
willshak

nothing basically wrong with nutscrape. the reason i like ff better is because of less bloat. it's basically a no frills browser without too much add on junk. that and the fact that you can just install and go without ever needing a help file. by all means, you like nutscrape, use it. but if you want to try something leaner and meaner, look at ff.

Reply to
someone

Oh, I have Firefox on both machines. Using Netscape on E-bay just kept getting more and more impossible. Evenso they constantly agitate me to upgrade my browser. Right now I have reverted to the old machine because it is sooo much easier to surf the groups with the ancient Netscape. For some reason every message takes forever to download and it opens in a completely new window. I can't keep track of where I am in the thread. As an analogy, you know how FSM prints articles with photo references? The latest issue has a Paul Boyer article that involves some conversion work on a Mustang Mk.I and several of the pictures are on the next page. Flipping pages back and forth is no biggie but when you do it on the computer I get lost. Here on Netscape the page is divided into 3 sections with newsgroups listed in the upper left, the threads listed in the upper right and the message taking up the lower two-thirds of the screen. I like that. I know right where I am and what is yet to be opened.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i wouldn't use ff or nutscrape for news groups. they are browsers but not readers. i use a piece of abandonware than hasn't been upgraded in 10 years. just google nx201.xip, unpack, fill in your server info and welcome to easy, effortless news groups. i hacked mine a bit to have 999,999,999 killfiles and to open newer file types but that's not neccessary. try it, it's even easier than flucksflier.

Reply to
someone

The earlier versions of Netscape were suites (which Bill is using), and included a browser, newsreader, and a web editor.

Reply to
willshak

willshak wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

The later versions (I use SeaMonkey) are the same. And pretty good.

But I use XNews for a newsreader, mostly for its filters.

cd

Reply to
Carl Dershem

only one of which it did really well.