WWII British Desert Campaign

Hi,

I want to build a bren carrier and paint it in a British 7th Desert Rats scheme. My grandfather drove/travelled/operated in one of these in the Desert Rats I believe through Cyprus, Africa, etc...

I am having some trouble finding photo references of colour schemes both for the armour and the crews. Has anyone out there got any links or references they may wish to share please? I'll continue looking in the meantime :)

Reply to
Tone

You might try asking over on the "AFV News" website's discussion board.

Gary Kato

Thankyou, I will give that site a go. I have found some useful reference at missing-lynx too but nothing solid about the carriers colouring.

Reply to
Tone

Reply to
MGFoster

Thanks a lot. The pattern will help. I have done some more investigation and it seems they used light stone as a base for all vehicles then applied a disruptive colour. This colour basically depended on what paint there was to use up. Varying from a blue/grey slate to green or even terracotta. I believe the disruptive colour depends on what year/where the vehicle was painted. As far as I have read this applies for most if not all African campaign vehicles. Some of the tanks I have seen are quite colourful!

If anyone has other resources please share.

Tony

Reply to
Tone