2004 interface thoughts

1) I suppose its a matter of taste but I don't like the new 'Dali' icon style-especially as now used on edrawings toolbar and part,assy icons. 2) I have been thinking that the PM/FM default width is slightly narrow now that many things no longer have dialogue boxes-could be say 10mm wider

-i have to wait for the tooltips to help me identify the red blobs so I can use the optical properties options

-boxes like the physical properties are made for one eye at a time anyone else think similar thoughts or are my eyes just getting old?

Reply to
neil

The property manager width is one of my pet peeves. It is far too narrow to deal with component names, never mind in-context sketch entity references. I really do think the property manager needs to change width with the feature manager. I believe I've already submitted an enhancement request for this.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I should add that I like most of the rest of the 2004 interface changes, with the specific exception of the Command Manager. I might use it if I were stuck with a dinky display on a laptop. Otherwise, it too often failed to show me the icons I wanted.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

This is especially true when using Display/Delete Relations in the sketcher. It is nearly impossible to see at a glance the information associated with various sketch relations. CATIA has a much better way to drill down into relations. They are trying to put 10 pounds of information in a 5 pound sack.

What would be really cool is a fly out SRT (Sketch Relati> The property manager width is one of my pet peeves. It is far too narrow

Reply to
kellnerp

ProDesktop Express has rollover flyouts that are kinda neat-maybe similar ideas could be used within the PM instead of peep hole scroll boxes and keep the FM its present width?

Reply to
neil

Dale,

If the icons are not there in the Command Manager (CM) why not add them in?

For the most part the CM and my hot keys do me well. (ie. I have a hot key for some relationships or the hot key to display/delete relationships) I have 4 tool bars in it and i rarely find myself having to look for more. Granted, it is still taking me a while to get use to it.

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

"Arthur Y-S" wrote in news:2i9nb.11159$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny01.gnilink.net:

I would end up adding them several times. The command manager gives me sketch tools when I want features, features, when I want assembly tools, etc. I have space to use on the permanent toolbars, so I do. Perhaps I should have another crack at it.

Reply to
Dale Dunn