help with making a stamped sheet metal part

I am working on a part that will be stamped from flat sheet metal.

The problem is, I need to stamp a honeycomb pattern along the curved length of this part to add structural rigidity.

I can't come up with a method of doing this.. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

John

Reply to
John Oliverio

I imagine you could make a thicker area down the side (by a number of means)and then make a hex pattern on a new plane offset from the centreline outside the part and use it to cut offset from surface-then mirror

Reply to
neil

actually I think I misread your post -I am sorry don't have time now - maybe you could base the middle bit on a sheetmetal bit flattened with a pattern cut through it rebent and then put a backing extrusion afterward -or use the new wrap feature of 2004 to place a sketch on the surface...... cheers sorry I am rushed maybe something here will help you somehow have a good weekend

Reply to
neil