A visit with Dan Bovinich

This week I had the privelege of being able to visit with Dan. I got to put my hands on a slightly battered world class battle-bot and toss around some thoughts on assembly techniques. Then we went out to see his latest projects in the garage and he showed me a very special project. I don't know if I should mention it but he has come up with a new 3D modeling system. He has single handedly cut through a major performance barrier and gotten to the point where you can make a standard 2D drawing and convert it directly into 3D. Believe me this is much more powerful than SW 2D - 3D system. Best of all the user interface is radically different because it actually has an extremely realistic 3D display and provides both tactile and audible feedback. As soon as I get my digital pictures developed I'll post them on snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

The digipics are up on SWCAD. Seeing is believing.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

The digipics are up on SWCAD. You can see why this modeler isn't going to be a hit with the laptop crowd. I believe it takes a 2 to 3kw power supply just to run.

TOP

Reply to
TOP