Any known eastern eggs in SolidWorks?

Is there? Feels funny if there isn't...it has been around over 10 years.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

It's so much easier to find the thousand year old eggs. You know, the ones that stink so bad and have been around forever.

Jerry Steiger

I don't know about SW, but I discovered the other day that the latest version of Google Earth has a flight simulator... update GE, zoom in somewhere and Cont + Alt + A starts the sim and adds it to the tools.

Pretty nifty

Sorry for the tangent

Have a nice weekend

Reply to
wc

"Jerry Steiger" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Don't know if this one has been solved in'07 or '08. Here in '06-Sp5.1 and was in '04, and probably before.

Create a new sheet, and give it a name over 30 letters in the feature manager.

Right-clic on an empty space on the drawing and open drawing properties. Change scale for example. Can't get out properly, you get the message '30 characters only' (translated from French).

Only solution: cut a large part of the sheet name, close the dawing option box, and restore sheet name using the feat. manager. This one should be so simple to fix...

WTF !!!!

Reply to
Jean Marc

It's both a shame and a blessing these days that there a no easter eggs. In a lot of modern software compines adding in extra code not directly assigned to a product feature is a sackable offence and QA will catch it these days, even if you could check it in to the source control in the first place.

Might not be as fun, but we should end up with higher quality, safer code as a result.

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

What would an Indian Easter Egg look like?

Interesting that nobody seems to know of any. If SW scrutinzes the code that well for Easter Eggs, will bugs be next? :)

TOP

Reply to
TOP

"If SW scrutinizes the code that well for Easter Eggs, will bugs be next? :)"

Hear! Hear!

Best comment I have seen on this neswgroup for ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

Reply to
pete