Assembly Contraints

Dear All I have a assembly named::::: ABC.sldasm In this 20 sldprts have been assembled. Now, I want to know what are the constraints used in assemblying a particular part. Pls. note that I don't want to show the contraints used by it's child or parent parts...BUt want to show / know ONLY contraints used in assemblying that particular part. At this point I am in a middle of the assembly

Is there any way to know only those contraints which were used in assembling that particular part... thanks in advance Kuntal Jain (India)

Reply to
Kuntal Jain

Just to mention some of the many ways: you could, for example, right-click that particular component and select View Mates from the pop-up menu. If you are using SW2004, you could expand that particular component from FM tree and peek inside the Mates.. folder. Or turn the FM tree to View Dependencies mode (search for help for details).

Hope this helps!

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

Sounds like you are familiar with ProE and wish to evaluate mates in the same manner that ProE does. Am I correct?

Due to SWX's non-hierarchal assembly method, it is difficult or even impossible for the software to figure out which constraints really locate a component.

As others have stated, the closest thing to what you want is to right click on the component and choose view mates (or expand the tree in

2004).
Reply to
Arlin

Here are a few other ways,

Highligt the part that particular part and then open up the property manager and You'll see those mates which are holding this piece in place. If You highlight also the part it's contrained to ..... and then open the property manager, You'll see the actual mates between these two parts in bold text.

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Hi Arlin, Is this what you mean by expanding the tree?

Mike Wilson

Mike J. Wilson

Reply to
Kuntal Jain

I believe that mates folder in the expanded feature tree is new to SWX2004.

You can get the same results in 2003 in a couple of different ways:

1.) Right click on the first item in the feature tree and select 'View Dependencies' 2.) Right click on a part in the feature manager tree or in the graphics window and select 'View Mates'

These methods just are not quire as handy as the new 2004 method (the

2003 methods can still be used).
Reply to
Arlin