Autodesk DWFwriter Beta now available

Autodesk would like to invite you to participate in the Beta program for Autodesk DWFwriter 2. With DWFwriter, you can print drawings directly to DWF (Design Web Format) from design applications such as Bentley Microstation. Take full advantage of the DWF format, an open standard and a fast and efficient way to distirbute digital design information to your extended team members.

Autodesk DWFwriter is a Windows system printer driver that allows you to print directly to the DWF 6 multisheet format. After installing DWFwriter, you will find the driver listed under the Printer Name drop-down list within your design application. This DWFwriter Beta release is supported on Microsoft® Windows® 2000, Windows 2003 and Windows XP. You can join the DWFwriter Beta program today by signing up at

Please direct any questions about this Beta program to snipped-for-privacy@autodesk.com.

We look forward to your feedback on this Beta release of Autodesk DWFwriter.

The Autodesk DWFwriter Team

Reply to
Diane Li

The dark angel has summoned it's followers.... ;^)

Maybe this will help their cause...

Candyman, candyman, candyman, candyman, candyman.

.. 8^0

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Reply to
Sporkman

Windoes server 2003, came out about 2 months ago.

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

Why doesn't Autodesk forget all about this DWFwriter 2 deal for now and actually make Inventor live up to this claim just published.

Robert Cross, vice president of the Manufacturing Misinformation Solutions Division at Autodesk, had the following to say:

"Key enhancements to ShapeManager include:

Innovative shape description tools that let users seamlessly mix solids and surfaces to create stylized, complex, and sculpted parts such as those in the consumer products industries."

Autodesk *finally* has the right idea. Congratulations.

Now...

How many years before Autodesk actually *implements it* and offers a true seamless, unified, hybrid modeler rather than the hack and whack non-intuitive mess currently offered by SolidWorks and Inventor ???

Finally, please note that "hack and whack" and "seamless, unified, hybrid modeler" are copyrighted. Autodesk and SolidWorks Corp. may apply to the owner of the "hack and whack" trademark so that it can be licensed to describe Inventor and Solidworks. This trademark may be used to proudly display the official hack and whack international logo on software CD's as well as various other pieces of your respective propaganda.

I'm sorry to say that "seamless, unified, hybrid modeler" is not available to be licensed by either Autodesk or SolidWorks at the moment because of possible threats of litigation arising out of either company using it and thereby making knowingly false advertising claims. ;>)

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Never More!!!! Never More!!!!

The Raven

Reply to
Tom Chasteen

More of the usual lies?

Actually, you stole that from ads for 3dinkies IIRC. It's no more original than anything else you post.

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

I keep wondering why companies develop proprietary formats while (better) standards exist(

) How can they expect selling software when better, cheaper tools already are on the market ?
which btw already can generate DWF) For drawings, SVG has so many advantages I cannot understand the benefit of DWF.

Philippe Guglielmetti

Because as far as I am aware there is no free svf viewer but VoloView Express is

Reply to
Dave Preston

So far, this discussion's been pretty informative and very entertaining. But tell me, Dave, you know anybody that makes software purchase decisions based on what viewer they can get for free? I'd like to get in touch with them. I'm out of work and they need help because they certainly have more money than they can use intelligently.

David Janes

: >

: :

Reply to
David Janes

Ok one of "those guys" sneaking over here...

There are quite a few people who are looking at SW in no small part due to the edrawings interface. I have to be honest and tell you I am VERY jealous of SW's edrawing features. Having a file format viewable to the general "non-CAD" public is great (hence my and other's use of PDF files). The edrawings are an extension of this (web page embeddable etc..)

Ok, I'll slink back off to "my" side of the fence now

Reply to
Sean Dotson

All SVG viewers I know are absolutely free,

for example.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

Sorry Philippe - I misread it as SVF. Are there any free SVG creation utilities?

Reply to
Dave Preston

A brief foray to the "other" side - must have been pretty exciting! What's it like over there? Do you get sliced bread on your side of the wall? Can you come and go as you please, or do you have to all take turns, one at a time? You know, the Berlin wall fell eventually and all those poor people were finally freed. There is hope. :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

LOL come on Mr Dotson stop lurking in the shadows dreaming of using a real CAD program...become a SW user....quite good value too! ; )

Reply to
neil

I made some tests and updated my page

vector file formats. In fact Autodesk's DWF format isn't that bad : it makes the smallest files. I also added some links to SVG tools for Dave and others.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

That's great.... I love it........

Reply to