Autodesk DWFwriter Beta now available

Autodesk would like to invite you to participate in the Beta program for Autodesk DWFwriter 2. With DWFwriter, you can print drawings directly to
DWF (Design Web Format) from design applications such as Bentley Microstation. Take full advantage of the DWF format, an open standard and a fast and efficient way to distirbute digital design information to your extended team members.
Autodesk DWFwriter is a Windows system printer driver that allows you to print directly to the DWF 6 multisheet format. After installing DWFwriter, you will find the driver listed under the Printer Name drop-down list within your design application. This DWFwriter Beta release is supported on Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows 2003 and Windows XP. You can join the DWFwriter Beta program today by signing up at http://betaprograms.autodesk.com/betaweb.htm .
Please direct any questions about this Beta program to snipped-for-privacy@autodesk.com.
We look forward to your feedback on this Beta release of Autodesk DWFwriter.
The Autodesk DWFwriter Team
The dark angel has summoned it's followers.... ;^)
Maybe this will help their cause...
Candyman, candyman, candyman, candyman, candyman.
.. 8^0

That's great.... I love it........

What the heck is Windows 2003?
Diane Li wrote:

Windoes server 2003, came out about 2 months ago.
Why doesn't Autodesk forget all about this DWFwriter 2 deal for now and actually make Inventor live up to this claim just published.
Robert Cross, vice president of the Manufacturing Misinformation Solutions Division at Autodesk, had the following to say:
http://www.tenlinks.com/NEWS/PR/AUTODESK/102003_smgr.htm
"Key enhancements to ShapeManager include:
Innovative shape description tools that let users seamlessly mix solids and surfaces to create stylized, complex, and sculpted parts such as those in the consumer products industries."
Autodesk *finally* has the right idea. Congratulations.
Now...
How many years before Autodesk actually *implements it* and offers a true seamless, unified, hybrid modeler rather than the hack and whack non-intuitive mess currently offered by SolidWorks and Inventor ???
Finally, please note that "hack and whack" and "seamless, unified, hybrid modeler" are copyrighted. Autodesk and SolidWorks Corp. may apply to the owner of the "hack and whack" trademark so that it can be licensed to describe Inventor and Solidworks. This trademark may be used to proudly display the official hack and whack international logo on software CD's as well as various other pieces of your respective propaganda.
I'm sorry to say that "seamless, unified, hybrid modeler" is not available to be licensed by either Autodesk or SolidWorks at the moment because of possible threats of litigation arising out of either company using it and thereby making knowingly false advertising claims. ;>)
jon

DWFwriter.
Never More!!!! Never More!!!!
The Raven

DWFwriter.
I keep wondering why companies develop proprietary formats while (better) standards exist( http://www.dynabits.com/sw/svg.htm , http://hyperdisc.unitec.ac.nz/ia02s1/linc01/svg.htm ) How can they expect selling software when better, cheaper tools already are on the market ? (www.leadtools.com which btw already can generate DWF) For drawings, SVG has so many advantages I cannot understand the benefit of DWF. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers/message/33530
--
Philippe Guglielmetti - www.dynabits.com

Because as far as I am aware there is no free svf viewer but VoloView Express is
--
Regards
Dave Preston
: > I keep wondering why companies develop proprietary formats while (better) : > standards exist( http://www.dynabits.com/sw/svg.htm , : > http://hyperdisc.unitec.ac.nz/ia02s1/linc01/svg.htm ) : > How can they expect selling software when better, cheaper tools already : are : > on the market ? : > (www.leadtools.com which btw already can generate DWF) : > For drawings, SVG has so many advantages I cannot understand the benefit : of : > DWF. : > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers/message/33530 : > -- : > Philippe Guglielmetti - www.dynabits.com : > : > : :
Ok one of "those guys" sneaking over here...
There are quite a few people who are looking at SW in no small part due to the edrawings interface. I have to be honest and tell you I am VERY jealous of SW's edrawing features. Having a file format viewable to the general "non-CAD" public is great (hence my and other's use of PDF files). The edrawings are an extension of this (web page embeddable etc..)
Ok, I'll slink back off to "my" side of the fence now <g>
--
Sean Dotson, PE
http://www.sdotson.com
"Sean Dotson" <sean dotson at comcast dot net> wrote in message

All SVG viewers I know are absolutely free, http://www.adobe.com/svg/ for example.
--
Philippe Guglielmetti - www.dynabits.com

Sorry Philippe - I misread it as SVF. Are there any free SVG creation utilities?
--
Regards
Dave Preston