ball end mill feature

I have an aluminum plate that needs to have several grooves machined into it using a ball end mill. Some grooves are straight and some are curved. Creating a flat bottom version is easy of course, but one with a spherical bottom and ends is not as straightforward.

I know there are several ways to model this, but the ones I know seem kinda convoluted, e.g. sweep plus revolution. I know someone out there has a better way.

Suggestions? Tips?

Thanks.

Manny

Reply to
Manny

Any Progress on this thread with 2014 or 2013?

-AP

Reply to
AirOp