Blueprinting font

I have been in search of the perfect blueprinting font for about a year. I have tried free and purchased fonts to no avail. I am looking for a font that most closely represents such font described in ASME Y14 series or Global Engineering Documents DRM. Has anyone out there been luckier than I? Could you share your thoughts?

Me

Reply to
Mr. Me

Good question I am anxiously awaiting a response also.

Reply to
grantmi1

Where do I find Blockfont? A google search reveled nothing substantial and a serach of font.com was the same

Regards, Me

Reply to
Mr. Me

Reply to
Sporkman

CityBluePrint is a hand lettering font which does not conform to that of ASME standards. I am not looking for a hand lettering font. What I am looking for is a single stroke monospaced font without the typical swirls and tails on the letters. I want an "I" which looks exaclty like the one I just typed, with the caps on the top and bottom. W's which has the center "point" eqaul to the two other legs. etc. etc. etc.

Am I just being too picky? One font which I believe is close is Monospac821 BT. Unfortunately it looks too bold in most cases.

Me

Reply to
Mr. Me

We use "Technic". It's from a font collection called TECH from Linguist' Software.

Hope it help,

Marc

Reply to
conj

arial is fairly close and it's free.

or try helvetica;

type 55 is normal. neue 2 volume is a good combo.

Reply to
kb

missed the "I" request check out

it seems that the 3 problem letters are "a", "I" & "Q"

avant garde mono ("Q" no good) monospace 821 ("a" no good)

2 out of 3 isn't bad
Reply to
kb

Monospace 821 is what I am currently using. It appears I may have to just accept it as "as close as it gets".

Thanks for all the input, Greg

Reply to
Mr. Me

Sounds like you're looking for a architectural "Tekton" font?

Here are some which are similar, otherwise you'll have to buy the tekton style fonts..

Some other free font links...

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Oh... ok, not archi so, this maybe what you're looking for?..

(Products,.. ISO-Font)

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Here's your font:

Buy it here for a nickel under 30 bucks:

D Short

Close, but not quite. The I is missing the top and bottom horizontal marks. Ref. this one < I >. Maybe I am being too picky but I cannot believe there is no font that fills the bill. I have heard rumors that Lockheed and a few other companies have created their own fonts because of the lack of font supporting the ASME standards. Can anyone confirm?

BTW, I want to thank everyone who submitted fonts for me to look at, but alas the hunt will continue.

Me

Reply to
Mr. Me

Do you have a link to this spec? Or a scan of the characters that comply? I'm sure there is something out there.

The 'I' You type would probably be a 'fixed' or 'monospace' type, but without a sample of the complete character set, or at least some letters and numbers, it would be hard to give you something perfect.

The 'I' you type shows as courier font on my screen, it may show as tahoma or verdana on someone else's... depending on their mail client and settings.

Mr. Me wrote:

Reply to
D Short

kind of odd that in the drm manual (sec. 3.6.2) refers to this font as gothic style. also, figure 3-7c refers to a microfont.

there are several companies and individuals who create custom fonts. perhaps you could convince one of them that it could be worthwhile on thier part to create this font and distribute either directly or in-directly thru asme or one of the font web sites.

Reply to
kb

..a few more links,...

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

i find the gdt font useful for dims, but for regular text (i.e. notes) i prefer to use something else. sw has a version of gdt as does acad.

i have a scanned image of the font in question. however, i have no way to publish on web.

Reply to
kb

I emailed you to the hotmail address. Please forward me the scan and I will post.

-Greg

Reply to
Mr. Me