Calling Wayne

Hello Wayne and All,

I finally went ahead and did the 3Gig switch thing after reading all three articles by Ed and Wayne.

My questions are:

1) How can I be sure the 3Gig switch is actually turned on?(is there any way to check for it) 2) Wayne, What is the SOS at the end of your string in the boot.ini?

Thanks, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I have searched & asked for a way to verify that the system did, in fact, load the way you thought it should have. No dice - no way to know for sure other than test it. I either haven't gotten to the proper people yet, or not possible.

The SOS tells the operating system to not put up the splash screen, but rather let me see what is being loaded. Kind of a nerdy option (so it fits me well...) and most people really don't care, but I figure that I might just learn something by watching the stuff go by. However, part of it is pretty fast, so not totally effective. Season to taste - you decide. Try it both ways and see which way you like better - you can always change it.

Did you set a user value? I have found that to be more reliable, but appears that one size does not necessarily fit all.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

No, I thought that I would start at not specifying and go from there if I ran into trouble.

Thanks, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I have a macro that will use up all available memory from within SW.

Reply to
P.