Catia v

I have noticed more and more job postings are requiring Catia v experience. Is this similar to Solidworks?

Reply to
JMV

In some ways yes, but not enough to be very productive. It is a parametric CAD, works on a (history) feature tree and you can make both top down and bottom up design.

You have to get used to the interface and slightly different workflow which takes a while. The most annoying thing that I found was the way mouse is used to rotate a view - you have to hold the left and middle button at the same time - (never found a way to re-map it). This is annoying if you do not use your middle finger on the middle button.

JMV wrote:

Reply to
Ivan