Complex Shape Tutorials

Does anyone know some good sources for tutorials that cover complex filleting, lofting, sweeping etc either as surface or solid models. I fancy burning the midnight oil and trying a few fancy bits of modelling with SolidWorks instead of the normal mechanical parts I get stuck with.

Many Thanks

Alec Thorne

Reply to
Alec Thorne

try the 'Curvy stuff' tutorial somewhere in this news group - very good in you want complex organc shapes. Cant remember or find the link, but someone here will be able to help! I guess that's not actually that much help really, but then it is friday afternoon after all....

Lee

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette

Here you go:

Arlin

Go here.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Hate to sound like a party-line boy, but think hard about making it to SolidWorks World, if there is any way at all that you can swing it. All it takes is a good tip or two, or a good contact, for the trip to pay for itself. Historically, there have been many presentations that cover the subject you are interested in. In addition to the one we give and make available at

(and don't look for much of that to be repeated in Boston this January - I've got some new junk to cover), the sessions by Mark Biasotti and Keith Pederson can't be missed. Also, when you run into those problems that you absolutely will, search this newsgroup through google - many of the big things have been hashed out here multiple times.

Good luck - you are starting into a really fun, frustrating, often lonely, yet somehow satisfying world.

-Ed

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

I don't have a problem sounding like a party-line boy. If you would like to have some "numbers" to help convince your management that SolidWorks World is a good investment, email me off-line and I'll provide a spreadsheet that you can play with to show how a 2% gain in productivitty will more than pay for the trip. This spreadsheet will be posted to the SolidWorks World website soon, but if you cannot wait let me know.

richard dot doyle at cox-internet dot com

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Edward

Sadly being in the UK, Solidworks World might be out of the question, but i will look at the other links this week.

Thanks all for helping.

Alec

Reply to
Alec Thorne

Alec, There will be SolidWorks World conferences in Europe this year. Stay tuned for dates.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Richard

Thanks for the heads up on that. Is there a set date as yet. I will take a browse of the Solidworks website as well. Normally is this by invitation only ?

Regards

Alec

Reply to
Alec Thorne

Alec, The conferences have not been scheduled yet. Check this site occasionally -

- for details.

No invitation necessary, you will simply have to sign up and pay the fee (I don't know what that will be yet).

You might also contact Ken Carpenter in the UK. He's usually aware of all things SolidWorks, and may even still be running a user forum. He might be able to give you some more information on SolidWorks and SolidWorks tutorials/user meetings available on your side of the pond.

This is the last email I have for Ken. snipped-for-privacy@genie.co.uk

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

when you say curvy stuff, can you be a little more specific. or are you just talking about just overall rules in general?

Reply to
Art Da Fart