Cosmos floworks

Hello, Working on a project, (designing a race car). I'm Getting really good drag and downforce numbers, but I NEED to know where my center of pressure is!!!! I can't figure it out. Help me!

Solidworks '07, cosmos pro '06 Jason

Reply to
Divenpuke

I believe you can integrate certain values over a surface(s).

Reply to
TOP

I'd import FloWorks results in CosmosWorks (Designer) and measure reaction forces there. It won't give you the center directly, but forces on wheels might be a good start.

Philippe Guglielmetti, Switzerland

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

Does anybody else NOT see a problem here? This seems like a pretty MAJOR, however simple feature that's outright absent! JM

Reply to
Divenpuke

you can write an "enhancement request" ... I don't know if it's really a "major" feature in CFD programs. Do you know any other "general" CFD software that implements it ? As I see it, mechanical effects of aero/hydro dynamic forces can be studied in a FEA like CosmosWorks.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti