BOMs from our PDM system

We are trying to use Excel based BOMs from our PDM system on the SolidWorks drawings as an OLE object. By convention we currently place our BOMs in the upper right corner of the drawing. When the drawing is created the OLE object grows from the left to the right. The BOMs can be different sizes based on the number of characters used to describe each item. Since the size of the OLE object is not constant we cannot determine where to place the OLE object so that the BOM is in the upper right corner of the drawing. Some times the BOM runs off the page and other times the BOM leaves a gap between the edge of the BOM and the drawing's border.

As far as I can tell the only way to ensure that the OLE object is in the upper right corner is to ensure that the OLE object grows from the right to the left. Is it possible to anchor an OLE object using the upper right corner of the object as the anchor point? Is there a way to make an OLE object grow from the right to the left?

Steve Kloepping

Pflow Industries, Inc.

6720 N. Teutonia Avenue Milwaukee, WI 53209-3119 Ph: 414-352-9000 Fax: 414-352-9002

message sent via. Keith Streich Pflow Industries, Inc

6720 North Teutonia Avenue Milwaukee, WI 53209

(414) 352-9000 (414) 352-9002 FAX (414) 247-9809 x124 Direct

snipped-for-privacy@pflow.com

Keith Streich

Keith,

D> We are trying to use Excel based BOMs from our PDM system on the SolidWorks

Reply to
fcsuper

Keith,

I'm not suggesting you should necessarily change your working method, but why do you want to place a PDM-derived BOM on a drawing?

I can see reasons (some valid) why an IT manager might wish to foist that way of working on engineers, but in general I would consider it an arse-about-tit method (as we'd say in the UK).

John H

Reply to
John H