Curve Profile

I have a curved surface in the xy plane. I drew it using some of the drawing tools like ellipse, parabola, etc. Now that it is finished and positioned and trimmed as I need it for my application, I would like to get the xy coordinates of the points on this curve.

Is it possible to get them somehow in SW07 as xy points if I did not input them as such xyz points?

Michael

Reply to
mpate

Use the measure command from the origin? Reference dimensions from the origin, or some point of reference?

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

you can go add points along the sketch curve now. To make life easier you can dimension them uniformly in one direction. You can also click on each point and read the x,y position.

ca

Reply to
clay

A few extra steps, but you could also use the sketch and points on a part model, create holes, make a quick drawing, and insert a hole table.

A tip by Phil Sluder at a user group meerting here in Austin.

Richard

Reply to
doyle808