Cutting at angle

Hi,

I have a small issue in trying to draw an item !!!.

I have a fully roung disk into which in need to cut though various shapes ( to put slots in disk ) these slots are angled as they go though ( 5° ). Any idea whats the best way to do so ?

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Reeves

I haven't done this before and tried a way. It may not be the most elegant. Probably others have a better solution.

1) Draw your first sketch of your profile (slot) on the face of the disk.

2) Construct a plane using a line of the sketch you just drew (to rotate upon.) Make the plane at 5 degrees through the part.

3) Using that plane, draw a straight line in the direction that you want the cut to go. exit sketch

4) Do a cut-sweep, using the first sketch for the profile and the last sketch for the path.

That should do it...

Dan

Reply to
Dan Bovinich (home)

If I understand the problem, you are making something similar to a circular saw tooth. If am close, I would set out a plane at your 5 deg and do a cut through all to produce one cut-out slot, and then circular pattern this resulting cut-outs around the disk.

Best,

JAG

Reply to
JAG