Data Execution Prevention!!!!

Hi guys I have created a very nice animation (for me anyway) but good ol' Microsoft won't let me play it as it is dangerous or scary or something so I get a Data Execution Prevention followed by termination of WMP10. My mate can play it on his Mac no problems. When I have done some hunting there is the suggestion that it is a CODEC issue but I have not got a clue where to start. I have so far used the MS Codec and the Intel one during the render process. As this takes 30 minutes a go I don't want to have too many plays.

Cheers for you help

Reply to
Andy Graham

Hi guys I have created a very nice animation (for me anyway) but good ol' Microsoft won't let me play it as it is dangerous or scary or something so I get a Data Execution Prevention followed by termination of WMP10. My mate can play it on his Mac no problems. When I have done some hunting there is the suggestion that it is a CODEC issue but I have not got a clue where to start. I have so far used the MS Codec and the Intel one during the render process. As this takes 30 minutes a go I don't want to have too many plays.

Cheers for your help

Reply to
Andy Graham

Render to full frames uncompressed. Take this image sequence into a program like VirtualDub

and edit your animation to length, then compress to any codec you like and save an AVI. This way you can come back, change the codec and save out a different version easily. The Indeo or Cinepack codec should be installed on most people's systems, but for better quality and compressability, you should use a format like MPEG-4 ASP or H.264 and provide the codec to your users, or a link.

(H.264 is used by MPEG-4 AVC codecs)
(XVID MPEG-4 ASP binaries)

Windows Media Encoder should also allow you to compress a series of still images into WM8/9 and most people have a newer version of Media Player installed.

Reply to
deimos

There is a setting in Window XP to turn this on and off. STW if you don't know where the switch is.

Reply to
TOP

I managed to turn this "feature" off and it works fine now. My concern is that I am going to share this avi at some stage with clients and I don't want them to experience the same problem as myself.

Looks like I need to do the tweak> There is a setting in Window XP to turn this on and off. STW if you

Reply to
Andy Graham