Does SolidWorks run on XP Home, or XP Pro only?

Thanks, Ken

It runs on both. The differences between the two OS are fairly esoteric and relate primarily to networking functionality.
SW doesn't formly support XP Home, but others have got it to work on it. XP Home is not recommended because it is like using Win 95, 98 and ME...they are all bad memory managers. You will more than likely have more problems with SW than you would if you used Windows 2000, or XP Pro
Regards, Scott

In Scott wrote:

XP Home may not be recommended but your explanation is untrue.
DOS->WinX.X->Win9X->WinME->dumpster WinNTX.X->Win2000->WinXP->Future Windows Junk
For all general purposes Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Profession, etc. etc. are just newer versions of WindowsNT. All NT variants are good at memory management compared to Windows95/98/ME.
Chris
--
#include <disclaimer.h>
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com