Editing bodies that have been saved to individual part files

I have created a multi-body part file then saved the bodies as individual parts, these individual parts are in turn inserted into some assemblies, but after editing the multi-body part file (adding some cuts which in turn changed the body names in the multi-body part file) the individual part files have gotten "confused" and some are now referencing the wrong body from the multi-body part file so that now two of these individual part files are referencing the same body which means that one body from the multi-body part file no longer has an individual part file.

Does anyone know how to edit these individual part files so that I can tell it which body I want to reference? So far I have not found a way to do this.

Of course one way would be to delete one of the duplicate individual part files then just re-save the missing body as an individual part file but I am trying to avoid doing that if possible.

Thanks

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Sam,

We've been aware of this issue for quite a while and I apologize for this limitation. We had to do some significant work on it but we finally have a fix for it in 2008 and I think it works pretty good. In 2008 you can edit the stock part feature in the derived part to reassign bodies; and you can even do it to a different master part and with multiple split part features. This should make "Save Bodies" and "Split Part" much more useful. With 2007 and previous, using a simple derive part (insert part) and deleting the bodies that you don't need, gives the user options when unforseen changes happen in the master model. 2008 should eliminate the need to do this.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
mbiasotti

Mark,

Thanks for your response. Sounds like this is a step in the right direction.

I am currently using an add-in the relies heavily on saving bodies to part files so I look forward to seeing how SW implements this solution.

Sam

Reply to
Sam