Figure this one out........

Thanks for pointing that out. I remember back in the day, when Bob Z. first arrived. He cought some flames for referring to himself in the 3rd person. At least it wasn't the 3rd angle.

Anyhow, I don't know if I'd qualify as Obviousman. My college roommate used to call me Captain Oblivion for my lack of observancy. I claimed that I didn't have time to waste noticing every trivial little thing going on around me. He didn't buy it.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I suspect he knows it and was making a rather dry humor comment. I caught it, enjoyed, and had quite a chuckle with his astute observation. He could qualify to be Obviousman! :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

red spanner! :-)

friend (female) green screw driver, oooer!

both are weirdo's lol

Reply to
pete

Hmmm

Red screwdriver

Half-way house?

Michael wrote:

Reply to
Chris

Blue hammer for me...strange anyway.

Obviously the math is just a mental diversion to "clear your mind" before the real question. I wonder what other techniques could be used to end uup with the same result.

Reply to
MHill

Very similar to this one

Are you part of the 98%? This is for the Psychology majors...

Don't need pen or paper. Just answer as you go. Free will or synaptic wiring? You be the judge. Check out the following exercise, guaranteed to raise an eyebrow. There's no trick or surprise. Just follow these instructions, and answer the questions one at a time and as quickly as you can! Again, as quickly as you can but don't advance until you've done each of them ... really.

Now, scroll down (but not too fast, you might miss something)......... What is:

1+5

2+4

3+3

4+2

5+1

Now repeat saying the number 6 to yourself as fast as you can for 15 seconds. Then scroll down.

QUICK!!! THINK OF A VEGETABLE! !

Then scroll down.

You're thinking of a carrot, right?

If not, you're among the 2% of the population whose minds are different enough to think of something else. 98% of people will answer with carrot when given this exercise. Freaky, huh?

Send this web page to all your friends so they can see if they are part of the 98% or among the 2% of the population.

Reply to
Devin

Good lord, I'm "normal" again!

On the other hand, if the people who responded to this thread are representative of the whole group who tried it out, we're not at anywhere near 98% on the tool question, more like 10%.

Jerry Steiger

I envisioned an Eggplant... Damn, I need professional help....

M.T.

Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt

Oh no!.!.!.! A green pepper.... Oh the madness!!! Where will it end?!?!? Where will it end?!?!?

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Yep, Carrot!

See, I told you guys, I'm normal half the time.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

"Devin" a écrit dans le message de news:3Un4d.931$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...

No - Lettuce

And cheated on the first one...

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

Yuch! I hate eggplant.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You must have some really large machinists if they think Bandsaws, Bridgeports and Lathes are handtools. Were they all NFL linebackers? :)

Reply to
P.