Fillet/Round Problem

Could someone advise me on how to fillet both edges of this 'vanishing' surface (see the image here:

I want there to be no visable edges where the traingular surface blends back into the main body. Already tried using variable fillet but SW doesn't like filleting because the surface gets too small even using 0 radius at the start of the chain doesn't work. I made the recess using a surface trim and created a new lofted 'recess' surface tangential to the main body - is this a good way of making this type of recess that blends into the body?

Reply to
Mr Mention

How about cutting the main faces back where the fillet would be and then filling it in with a curvature contiuous face generated by a loft?

Reply to
haulin79

Use the Atomic Bomb of Fillets. Search this newsgroup for a description.

Reply to
TOP

W/o having that model I couldn't tell you precisely, but I've done allot of similar parts and as long as you can get your first fillet to "run out" at each end, you should be able to put your second in w/ no problem as long as it is a smaller radius than the first.

Reply to
cntryfun