Great way to understand circular references

Great way to understand circular references

I'm dealing with large assemblies that I get from all over the place, and I need to do changes.

I have been introduced to a tool called SolidMap and they have a feature that allows highlighting the circular reference. It saves me so much time trying to figure them out my self.

Check it out at

kapcad

If you're going to sell something, why don't you just come out and say you've got something for sale? Why try to pose as a real user? Your product sux anyway. Why don't you point us to a decent review of the software?

Daisy.

Reply to
FlowerPot

I've been waiting to see a full review of the software before I invest time into evaluating it.

Matt

fcsuper

FlowerPot wrote in news:45f0922f$0$16346$88260bb3 @free.teranews.com:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted the message. snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com is the registered contact for the website he "was introduced to". Certainly they're not the same person and this isn't thinly veiled SPAM. I wonder how much business this type of post really generates.

Reply to
MHill

Matt Lombard has recenctly reviewd SolidMap on his blog.

At some point I was planning on downloading the trial to test the software, when I had a slow period. Matt's review has now put it very low on the priority list.

John Layne

John Layne

I wrote a macro to do this and it was free.

Reply to
TOP

So, would you mind posting it or making it available? I, for one, would be very interested.

I downloaded the trial version of Solidmap. I've had only had time to try it out on one assembly (fairly large for us) where we suspect that we have some circular references. It says we don't, but it seems like it isn't finding all of the references. I haven't had time to work with it to see what is happening.

I agree with Matt's mini-review, that the user interface is not very easy to understand. It is nice to have all of the references laid out graphically instead of just a hard to read list, but that is not worth the selling price to me. If it really does find circular references, I would be willing to put up with a painful user interface and a steep price.

Jerry Steiger

Would you like to share it?

Thanks

Reply to