HELICAL EXTRUDED CUT

Hi People, I have been using solidworks for about six months and a customer wants solid models and dwg's of a 2 inch od by 6 inch long with 4 equally spaced helical flutes rotating 180 degrees from end to end. I easily have my model of the part and the four helix lines along the o.d. but I can't seem to figure out how to turn the helix line into the extruded cuts. Would deeply appreciate knowing how to do this, I'm using SW97 because newer versions have issues with my AMD processor.

Reply to
Runcie

create a new plane, normal to a helix at its end for your profile, use the helix as a path for a cut-sweep

Reply to
neil

what issues are these? more importantly, which AMD processor are you using?

Reply to
bob zee

...snip

Would deeply appreciate knowing how to do this, I'm using

Reply to
kellnerp