HELICAL EXTRUDED CUT

Hi People, I have been using solidworks for about six months and a customer wants solid models and dwg's of a 2 inch od by 6 inch long with 4 equally
spaced helical flutes rotating 180 degrees from end to end. I easily have my model of the part and the four helix lines along the o.d. but I can't seem to figure out how to turn the helix line into the extruded cuts. Would deeply appreciate knowing how to do this, I'm using SW97 because newer versions have issues with my AMD processor.
create a new plane, normal to a helix at its end for your profile, use the helix as a path for a cut-sweep

what issues are these? more importantly, which AMD processor are you using?
--
bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things
It would be strange if you are running SW97, have other newer versions of SW available and are on maintenance. If you had gotten your SW from a VAR they could tell you that AMD issues went away with the K6 patch. :(
Runcie wrote:
...snip
Would deeply appreciate knowing how to do this, I'm using