Newbie - Mold Cavity for this part?

Hi Everyone,

I have utilized SW for die design for 3 years now, but a customer has now asked me to create a die for drawing stainless steel pockets. This is testing my limited experience with the more advanced options in SW. The part is similar to a pocket found on a locker door. To create the die section I thought utlilizing the mold tools would be the best method. I can get the cavity created... but how do I remove the material from inside the pocket?

Turk

Hello.

You need to make cut away features for the "left over stock" and do some secondary editing to get rid of the left-overs.

I made an example for you and anyone else who is interested.

This example shows how to make the forming components using cavity (I.e. no stock location or material control - smile)

Regards,

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

Thanks Sean for your assistance... would you be interested in looking at my part and offering me some ideas... My part has a 16 degree taper and a "bump" along the bottom surface tangent to the punch draw rad.

Thanks in advance,

Turk

Reply to
Turk

Sure thing,

Send along a copy and we can give it a whirl.

Regards,

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams