I'm located in the Mid-West (Mid-Michigan), and I do meet all of the
criteria for the following position, how much do you think this
position should pay? This company manufactures equipment for
companies that deliver to the consumers and businesses. Here is the
The Designer is a resource to the engineering and manufacturing
departments. Receiving directions from a Project Engineer, this
position will support engineering and manufacturing in producing
consistent, accurate drawings of assemblies and components that it
manufactures or purchases. In addition, the position will be
responsible for maintaining Bills of Material and Routings. Design
work is a key component of this position and the successful candidate
will be expected to execute minimally to moderately complex design
projects. Determines scale, performs complex mathematical calculations
and prepares layouts for detailing. Implements required changes to
resolve filed problems and improve product performance and
reliability. The successful candidate also assists in analysis of
problem areas and recommends solutions; makes decisions on the
suitability of the design using knowledge of characteristics of
specified product materials and production processes. The Designer
also assists with building prototypes and in validation of builds on
the production floor.
- A minimum of 5 years 3D and solid mechanical drafting and modeling
experience (AutoCAD 14 or higher, Solid Works, Solid Edge, Pro E,
etc.) is required.
- Associate degree required in a technical or manufacturing
discipline, Bachelors degree preferred
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing processes, metal working and
fabrication, and sound design fundamentals.
- Thorough knowledge of all drafting techniques and engineering
terminology is required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Mechanical design experience (part and assembly design, tolerance
stack, modeling, etc) is required.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and planning skills.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and the ability to compute complex and
highly statistical specifications.
- Experience and ability to work with MS Office software (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of drafting standards, particularly GD&T is required
- Ability to work effectively with hourly, marketing, and engineering
personnel is required.
18 years ago