Mid-Suffolk Layouts

Hi, I'm hoping you good people on uk.rec.models.rail will be able to help me, I hear that your an accommodating lot who are nice and friendly with lots of good advice! :o)

I'm after a small piece of help, over here in the deepest darkest depths of Suffolk, we are looking to dedicate part of our exhibition next year to the Mid-Suffolk Light Railway and as such are on the look out for layouts of the Middy.

So if you either have a layout that is on the exhibition circuit or have any details of one, then could you please either reply back to the group, or directly back to myself.

Thanks for your time, and I hope I haven't used up to much of bandwidth :o)

Reply to
Kevin Dickerson

There is the reasonably well known P4 layout of Laxfield. Its well worth asking. I believe the owner lives in the Diss area. Contact via the Scalefour Society ?

A friend of mine has some superb items in 2mm scale, they may be assembled onto a layout by next year. He has been out measuring everything known to survive, finding drawings, etc, and then producing his own etched kits for locos and stock, plus building details. Really impressive stuff. Contact me via website below.

- Nigel

Reply to
NC

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for that, I already have c> > Hi,

Reply to
Kevin Dickerson

Kevin, Unless you already know, there is a guy in Mansfield, Notts who has an O gauge model of Brockford and Weatheringsett which is from that area and that line I do think....

I will be seeing him tonight so will forward a copy of our mail and get him to contact you.. Best Wishes

Andy Sollis CVMRD

- Home of the Churnet Valley Model Railway Department

I'm after a small piece of help, over here in the deepest darkest depths of Suffolk, we are looking to dedicate part of our exhibition next year to the Mid-Suffolk Light Railway and as such are on the look out for layouts of the Middy.

So if you either have a layout that is on the exhibition circuit or have any details of one, then could you please either reply back to the group, or directly back to myself.

Thanks for your time, and I hope I haven't used up to much of bandwidth :o)

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.