Mickleover Model Railway Exhibition

Held @ The Mooreways Sports Centre.

Went on the Sunday ! Good range of layouts.

One I liked was 'Cromer' ( I all the years I have been to Cromer on holiday I have never been to the station .... will do this year to compare photo's )

Wife and son liked 'Schotterwerk West' a HO European layout.

Good to see Malc from Malc's Models again. Does the chap from Trainlinesdirect EVER smile ?

Good set of quality layouts ( about 30 in all ) in a well lit hall, almost fell over the power cables couple of times :-(

Well done the guy's and gall's of Mickleover Model Railway Group. Also a very friendly lot.

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Too true, a very good friendly exhibition. Spent so much time with traders - Gary from 247 developments joins my favourites list - that didnt see enough of layouts. Best for me was the one with the LNWR locos - some beautifully made LRM models there. Also liked the Pipe Yard, but thats partly cos worked in a few many years ago. Did you see my son (9 yr old) on one of the '0' guage layouts in the smaller room ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

There were three young'ish lads I saw, one was explaining about shunting whislt the other two had some lunch in the back. The noise of the loco's on the track sounded a bit odd ! Like it was plastic track ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart

There were three young'ish lads I saw, one was explaining about shunting whislt the other two had some lunch in the back. The noise of the loco's on the track sounded a bit odd ! Like it was plastic track ?

If it was a curious explanation then that might have been him :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

.

The guy asking the question was, I think, attempting to trip him up on the track layout but the explanation and the visual display soon sorted him out. The trouble is children of that age tend to take questions at face value. His explanation was more long than curious :-)

Reply to
Dragon Heart

The guy asking the question was, I think, attempting to trip him up on the track layout but the explanation and the visual display soon sorted him out. The trouble is children of that age tend to take questions at face value. His explanation was more long than curious :-)

He did well then as he hadnt seen the layout before we arrived at lunchtime, first time he has talked himself onto an '0' guage !

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon