How can I create a disc with a random amount of holes on a bolt circle diameter?

I need a way to create a disc that has a random amount of holes on a BCD. I can control the disc diameter, disc thickness, hole diameter,
and bolt circle diameter using equations and design tables. I cannot find a way to use a design table to control the amount of holes on the bolt circle. Can this be done or am I stuck in an AutoCad way of thinking?
Thanks in advance
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:08:43 -0800 (PST), the renowned JeffJarbs

By "random amount of...", do you mean "arbitrary number of..."?
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Jeff
Go and ask this at www.SolidMentor.com so you can get a real answer instead of the no help comments from here.
Ben

Jeff, I tried to respond last night but it seems not to have posted. The information you're missing is a way to reference the value for the number of holes in a design table or equation. If you created a hole with a cut-extrude, cut-revolve, or hole wizard feature first, then used a circular feature pattern, this is easy. Double click on the circular pattern in the tree, so that the dimensions appear in the main window. Near the axis you used to create the pattern should be a dimension showing the number of instances, with no leader or dim lines. Right click on it and the name of the dimension will show at the top of the context menu; you can also click on properties to see the name if it's too long to fit. In my test, that dimension was D1@(circularpattern). If the pattern is in the sketch rather than the feature, I'm not sure what to tell you. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to obtain that number. Then again, if you're using sketch patterns, you may want to consider feature patterns instead as there are also other advantages: http://mysite.verizon.net/mjlombard/Patterns.html (hijacked from its frame at http://mysite.verizon.net/mjlombard /) Hope this helps more than the other bickering... -Mark
Jeff
Seeing as there is little or no help here I posted your question at my forum.
http://solidmentor.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id 3&start=0#forumpost763
I am pretty sure you will get a answer and not some useless gibberish
Ben

Ben,
In your opinion Mark Treadwell's response is little or no help?
Tom
Tom, Mark
I did not mean Mark's responce was little help the post was not in my reader when I made mine. I appologize to you Mark as the comment was made in haste.
Anyhow there is one possiblility answer at www.SolidMentor.com at http://solidmentor.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id 3&start=0#forumpost763
Ben

snip
Happens, no worries. I just wasn't sure if you were discounting Mark's input.
Following Mark's directions the full dimension name will look like this D1@CirPattern1.
Tom

None taken - happens all the time when it takes any time to compose a response. I just hope Jeff didn't give up too soon on finding an answer here.
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 05:37:25 -0800 (PST), Mark

I hope he reports back and lets us know his progress.
This is what came to mind when I first read his post:
http://www.thermometricscorp.com/flange1501.html
Driven from a table, where the # of holes, hole diameter & BHC are variables.
Tom
It has been brought to my attention that I may have come off as pompous and arrogant saying that 'real' answers can be found at SolidMentor and insinuating that here you cannot find answers. I did not mean that at all and apologize to those that took offense.
I was just tired of seeing someone get a ton of answers not related to his problem and offered another possible place to post his question. I still see value here at CCSW and come here to view and very occasionally try and help out. I believe the more resources you exploit the better your answer to a problem can be and using CCSW is encouraged by me and the quality of answers is just as good here. Just you have to wade through a bunch of..... well I am sure you know what
Ben www.SolidMentor.com
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Cliff = 5 posts to date. Ben = 7

Yep.

You come off as a spammer.
Good to know and thank you for the heads up. No more spam from me. Sorry to have contributed to the problem. I was only trying to help find solutions.
Later....
Ben