How to make pipe assembly with certain deviation

I'm new in Pro/E. I'd like to model a pipe assembly with curvature, and then I also need to assembly this bended pipe with another curved pipe. I totally have no idea how to draw it. Any points welcome. Thanks in advance!

Reply to
yongzhan

I'm new in Pro/E. I'd like to model a pipe assembly with curvature, and then I also need to assembly this bended pipe with another curved pipe. I totally have no idea how to draw it. Any points welcome. Thanks in advance!

You create a bunch of points along the path you want the pipe to travel, minimum one for each end of each segment (not including, or before, elbows) so you can make a continuous curve thru points. Then you do 'Insert>Advanced>Pipe'. Then, istead of Spline, you'll select Single Rad or Multiple Rad, depending on when your bends will all be the same radius or not. If your points are an actual array (say, imported from a package the produces point arrays) or just a series of individual points, you'll select Whole Array or Single Point. Then you'll pick other parameters like solid or hollow and wall thickness.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

minimum one for each end of each segment (not including, or before, elbows) so you can make a continuous curve thru points. Then you do 'Insert>Advanced>Pipe'. Then, istead of Spline, you'll select Single Rad or Multiple Rad, depending on when your bends will all be the same radius or not. If your points are an actual array (say, imported from a package the produces point arrays) or just a series of individual points, you'll select Whole Array or Single Point. Then you'll pick other parameters like solid or hollow and wall thickness.

Thank you very much, David. However, the problem is that the O.D. of pipe is changing. That means there are some special design for both end of the pipe. How can I make variable OD of the pipe with curvature? Thanks again.

Reply to
yongzhan

Thank you very much, David. However, the problem is that the O.D. of pipe is changing. That means there are some special design for both end of the pipe. How can I make variable OD of the pipe with curvature? Thanks again.

Variable section sweep and possibly a graph governing the cross section diameter. The graph merely shows the curve length and the diameter, plus transitions, at points of variation. So, for example, the pipe could be 20mm for the first meter, then jump to 24mm at an elbow, for the next 40mm around the curve, then transition back to 20mm, etc. This would be represented by a graph with the lengths and diameter represented by straight, horizontal lines whose distance from an origin represented length in x and diameter in y, dimensioned on the graph the way it will appear on the VSS.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes