How to Flange Sheetmetal Hole ?

How can someone effectively flange a hole in sheetmetal?
ie: 5inch Dia. hole with .25inch lip bent at 45degrees around the circumference
of the round (or sometimes oval) hole.
I need to do this and have not figured it out yet? ... any ideas would be
helpful ..
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
To achieve this you'll need to use sheetmetal tools
Reply to
Ken Carpente
More specifically Form Features I have an example, if you would like.
The help on form features is usefull too. Although using form features will not yield a correct flat patter.
Corey Scheich
Reply to
Corey Scheich
You could make a forming tool to do this pretty easily. If you check out some of the examples that come with SolidWorks, creating them is not that difficult.
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.