font color went nuts !!!!!!

the other day I loaded sw2004sp0 on both my laptop (quadro700) and my desktop (quadro980XGL - 41.04) looked through sw2004 what's new, loaded samples, etc.on the desktop and shut it down. Then, back to sw2003sp4 on the desktop, i started a new drawing of an assembly model that was all MDT imported components. i was having trouble with disappearing notes, dims, and even lines, but i was thinking it had something to do with the data. then i closed this stuff and brought up some older drawings and found that my notes disappear on everything, even a freshly made drawing & model. Turns out that the notes are being applied with a white font, so you can't see them unless you make the viewport offcolor. The notes print black like normal, though. This effect is the case now on both sw2003 and sw2004, but not on an old sw2001+ installation (on the desktop). The laptop does not have this problem at all yet, but I haven't really used it or saved any files since installing sw2004. I don't know that the sw2004 install caused this, but I do know that I worked on drawings the day before (sw2003) without problems. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any way to affect font color. I don't use layers and there aren't any defined in this or any other drawing on my machine.

has anyone else seen something like this?

thanks bill

Reply to
bill allemann