how to use unicode chars ?

Well, I know you can press ALT and type a character's code on the numeric keypad... My question is : why doesn't it work for all symbols, especially those which have a "high" code ? for example, in Arial font, according to

, Alt+0189 makes a 1/2 symbol (works) while Alt+2153 should make a 1/3 symbol, but creates an inverted exclam instead... But, if you cut/paste the 1/3 symbol from the page above in a SolidWorks note or even in a sketch, it appears (at least with Arial font, in which it is defined...) How can I type ANY Unicode symbol in SolidWorks ? Philippe Guglielmetti -

Philippe Guglielmetti

Work in SW2004 but you have to use the "Number Pad". Cannot test in SW05, I'm on a laptop w/no number pad.

Reply to
Eddie

SW2005 SP0.1

Alt+2153 gives me little boxes regardless of the font I choose. Alt+0189 makes a 1/2 symbol as stated.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You can use the Windows Character Map utility "charmap.exe" that comes with Windows (all versions) to pick the characters you want in the font you want and copy them onto the clipboard.

Reply to
vajrang

Only could get it to appear by copy/paste from the Microsoft Character Map....I don't believe there is a keystroke for what you want. If you use character map, and type in 0189 in the Unicode box, it tells you the keystroke shortcut in the lower right corner, but when you type in 2153, it brings you to the 1/3 symbol, but there is no keystroke shortcut....At least from what I just messed around with. I use the character map often for inserting oddball characters...

Good luck, Scott

Reply to
Scott MacIntyre