I can't open solidworks2001 files in solidworks2003

Can you help me? Thanks.

Lakaiurre

Reply to
Lakaiurre

Sometimes it helps to save old files in the newer releases incrementally. What I mean is that if you have an installation of 2001+ available, try opening them there first and save as 2001+ files. Then, try opening those in

2003. I cannot guarantee that this will work , but it's worth a try.

FYI, I have had no problem ignoring this advice and opening 2001 files in

2003, so there may be something else going on with your scenario.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

Thank you, I've not any 2001+ installation.

Lakaiurre

"John Kreutzberger" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Lakaiurre

I can see the preliminary view in Solidworks 2003, but when I try to open it, I always receive the message: "unknown file type". Before installing SW2003 I changed from win98 to winXP. Thanks.

Lakaiurre

"Philippe Guglielmetti" escribió en el mensaje news:3f13f483$0$22108$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunrise.ch...

Reply to
Lakaiurre

When I said "Can you tell more ?" I meant:

1) does it happen with all files you have ? or just some ? which ? 2) which service packs are on 2001 and 2003 ? 3) did you try to send one file to someone else with a 2003 (me...) 4) did you contact your VAR or SolidWorks support ? If you need help from someone, you'd better explain your problem completely and with (too much) details...
Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

You need to get and enter a registration code. You cannot open files that are 30 days or more old until you enter the reg code. The error message should be more descriptive and I have sent in an ER to address this.

Reply to
Jeff Norfolk

Thanks for all. I have not the registration code. I've it cracked. Thanks.

Lakaiurre

"Jeff Norfolk" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

mensaje

incrementally.

Reply to
Lakaiurre

Hey no problem. I can also tell you why stealing a car makes blue and red lights flash in that little mirror at the top of the windshield.

Regards,

Jeff "educating criminals everyday" Norfolk

Reply to
Jeff Norfolk

Regards,

Lakaiurre "supporting policemen-in-the-net"