I get it

I have several Solidprofessor instructional videos, and am more than pleased with them other than the fact that only two installations are allowed and if you have a hard drive problem or have to format your drive for any reason, and have one installation on your desktop and one on your notebook,well you can guess the rest.

If someone here is familiar with the I get it instruction system, I would appreciate an answer to the following questions. 1. what do you think of the quality of instruction? 2. is the format comprised of both audio and video? 3. what are the licensing restrictions with regards to amount of installations allowed.

I will thank anyone who responds to these questions in advance,

Gabe Pacheco

Reply to
chico19805

I have been told that I Get It CD's are not involved at all and that all the video lessons are viewed on the Internet. Also, there are limitations with regards to how many times you can access the lessons. This is almost as restrictive as being allowed only two installations, using the Solidprofessor system, which I feel is ridiculous, seeing as how unstable Windows OS is, or how easy it is to be infected by a virus and needing to format. I have submitted two e-mails to I Get It support, asking them to elaborate and confirm what I mention above, and never even received the common courtesy of a response.

dissapointed, Regina Alden

Reply to
r.alden

If you review your temporary internet file folder after viewing the igetit video you will see it is there for posperity. Not suggesting anything here, but my computer, my files!

Reply to
Phil Evans

The main problem I see with I get it is a Complete lack of structure... the first course on the list is API programming. SolidProfessor on the other hand has an some structure, but due to the fact that they sell through resellers their aim is to not in anyway replace reseller train but on the other hand add value to it.

Now the

approach is to offer a COMPLETE solution for learning the fundamentals of SolidWorks. The courses are structured to guide a new user through the fine details of getting going in SolidWorks and they provide more Examples and Exercises with recorded video solutions then any other training solution on the market. Users who wish to accelerate the time taken to learn SolidWorks can easy navigate the videos to the key informative spots. Users of course are still encouraged to visit their VAR to receive the advanced level training. So, for those individuals who employers want you to learn the concepts on your own before they will invest in you for more advanced training....

Companies and Schools can harness the power of the LMS to manage and track employee and student progress. Additional, companies who wish can have custom training developed and distributed over our powerful web based LMS.

Al Whatmough

albert.inspirtech

Jon,

In regards to your concerns about CAM packages... did you see that mastercam will begin offering a SolidWorks addin?

Al Whatmough

albert.inspirtech