"inspection dimensions"

I know that you can check a box to put an oval around a dimension to designate it as an "inspection dimension", but what about notes? Do you somehow designate certain notes as "to be inspected" by using a symbol? If so, how?

Reply to
-

You can use border for notes also. Look in property manager area down towards the bottom

regards..

SinghS

Reply to
Singh S

SinghS,

Thank you for your reply. My question is really a general drafting question, rather than a Solidworks "how-to" question. I would like to know how people designate notes as "for inspection". Do you use a special symbol?

Currently we have a separate document called an "inspection criteria" form, where we would write something like "verify note 3", but there is a push to put all inspection criteria on the drawing itself rather than have a separate document. That's easy for dimensions, just check the box and the CAD program puts an oval around the dimension. But how have people been doing this for notes, either general notes or attached notes with a leader? Do you use a special symbol (flag?)? Is this covered at all in ANSI or ISO standards?

Thanks to all!

Reply to
-

We put a Solid Triangle (Just like a revision mark). A note on the drawing states "Dim/Annotation marked are Critical Inspection Point"

Ssingh

Reply to
Singh S

Check into note favorites. Once you decide how you are going to represent an inspection dimension you may be able to save it as a favorite. It then would be just a click to convert any note into an inspection note.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

Thanks for the responses.

Can anyone tell me what the "Key" symbol is used for? Might this be what I am looking for? or is there not a "standard" for designating inspection notes.

Reply to
-

There is no ANSI or ISO standard for the ovals. It was added by one of the major CAD vendors and subsequently adopted by some of the others. If you are interested in a custom application that will allow you to selectively flag SolidWorks drawing notes and dimensions for inspection while creating and exporting to Excel/HTML/XML an ANSI Z1.4-compliant sampling plan, then please contact me. I have written a beta version and I expect my employer to sell it soon.

Jeff Cope

- wrote:

Reply to
jncope