Inspection Reports

Can one extract information from a Solidworks Drawing to create an "Inspection Plan & Report" (IP&R) or "Inspection Report"? I'm looking to extract dimensions, geo tols and in some cases notes.

We are looking for a way of automating this task as opposed to re-entering data from the drawing onto a MS Word form.

Any information you give would be appreciated. Thank you.

Art

Note: we are currently using SolidWorks 2004

Reply to
Art Garibay

Just a thought - can you do things in reverse, such as use a design table that drives the part, has notes, etc, and can be exported & printed?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Yes this can be done. When I was at the last place of employment we had this done into a microsoft excel worksheet for less than $2000. It also "numbered" all the dimensions for our people in quality to match or excel based inspection report. The man that wrote that program for us was Bob Hanson. He can be reached at....... I'm not sure. But he posts out here from time to time. Hopefully he will answer to this post.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Maren

Hello Ken,

I am working at the Centare Group Ltd. in Brookfield, WI

We are a Microsoft Certified and SolidWorks Solution Partner.

I have written 4 variations of this type of application so please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Best Regards,

Bob Hanson Senior Solution Developer Centare Group Ltd.

Robert Hanson