graphic card

Hi, I use solidworks at work but I want to use it also at home (to learn more about this product and make project for work) and I want to change my computer....

Computer for home come with video card for gamer and on the web site of solidworks there is not enough card for the home market...

I want to buy a Dell 8400 but it's only with ati card X300 or X800....

Can you tell me where I can find information about garphic card with solidowrks.... or tell me your experience...

Yves R.

Reply to
Yves Rossignol

On

, check the "Tested" radio button to see them all. You'll see that most of the "gaming" cards pass the test, with "limitations"

In my experience (with GeForce 1,2,3,4 and now FX5900 ), the "limitations" are:

- slow down when opening more than 3-4 3D windows

- some display glitches with old cards

- no realview support So it is still perfectly usable.

Now you might be interested to know that NVidia's GeForce and Quadro chips are actually the SAME! You might find on the web a thing named "SoftQuadro" (actually now it is based on a "RivaTuner" program) that tweaks the driver of a GeForce to handle the chip as a Quadro, and it works!

My tweaked GeForce FX5900 is handled as a Quadro FX 3000 and has none of the limitations any more (well, a few glitches, but I have no real Quadro FX3000 to compare...)

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

I'm using an NVIDIA Quadro FX 3000 with 128Mb of ram on a P4 3.2Ghz (DELL PWS360) with 1 Gb of ram. I love this video card. We set up one of the guys here with dual LCD monitors on this video card and he loves the way it performs. The card works great with Realview too.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney